We’ve been schooled to believe that if we have oily or acne-prone skin, everything we buy needs to be “oil-free” or it will break us out. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Period! Unlike mineral oil (run when you see it listed as an ingredient!), cleansing oils are actually non-comedogenic and won’t clog pores.
Here’s the deal:A lot of oil-free cleansers out there strip our skin of natural oils, leaving it unbalanced and causing it to create more oil to rebalance it. Excess oil production equals more problematic skin. So I dare you to go against conventional wisdom and try the oil cleansing method. If you have oily skin, wash it with a cleansing oil. If you have dry skin, wash it with a cleansing oil. If you have normal skin, wash it with a cleansing oil. Get it? It’s the answer a lot of you have been looking for. It calms your skin down. Tells it everything is going to be ok. Keeps its natural pH balance without disturbing its natural moisture barrier. Prevents it from having to go into oil production overload. Essential oils in the cleansing oils are naturally antibacterial. It’s a win-win situation. Try it for a month and let us know if it works for you too. Here’s how:
- Shu Uemura High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil — great for oily skin, it washes away impurities without causing breakouts.
- Origins Clean Energy Gentle Cleansing Oil — great for all skin types and wipes away not only makeup but pollutants too.
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Oil — great for dry skin because it hydrates as it removes impurities.
- Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil — especially great for sensitive skin.
- DIY — use extra-virgin raw non-GMO coconut oil!
- Pump the oil a couple of times into the palm of your hand.
- Rub your hands together so it spreads across your fingertips as well.
- Rub your hands all over your dry face starting wherever you want to (Carissa started on her cheeks above).
- Gently massage it across your stubborn eye makeup.
- Continue massaging it over your face.
- Don’t forget to rub it over your lip area too.
- Fill your hands with warm water and splash it over your face area.
- Continue and pat dry with a wash cloth.
THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE BLOG POST.